Technical Lead - Dubai
At Prototype we believe that each employee makes a significant contribution to our success and for this role, we are looking for a candidate that goes beyond regular duties. By sharing our passion and willingness to work within a culture of innovation, integrity, and enthusiasm, you will be contributing to the success of our company.
Reporting to the firm’s Operations Manager, the Technical Lead is a full-time position that participates in all phases of the project lifecycle and consistently delivers business value to our clients. The Technical Lead is a leader within our client-facing project delivery team structure and sets best practices, approach, and direction for the technical aspects of our practice. The ideal candidate has a passion for all things web, plus a good understanding of mobile applications and is a team player, who loves interacting with people as much as solving complex challenges in a fast-paced environment.
Daily, the duties include managing the team, performing thorough code reviews, improving processes, creating or approving technical specifications and consulting internal and external teams.
What’s the job?
- Responsible for the technical side of all team projects
- Leading a team of developers on developing websites, applications, APIs and other projects: technology stack Node JS and React JS or React Native for customer development, as well as PHP and .NET CMS systems
- Maintaining high standards with respect to technical design, code quality, testing, and documentation.
- In a hands-on fashion, ensures all technology solutions are properly architected and specified.
- Participating in attracting talents with unique traits and using training and mentoring capabilities to assist new hires.
- Provide ongoing mentorship necessary for new hires to get up to speed as quickly as possible
- Provides technical leadership and assumes overall accountability for successful implementation phase on all client projects. Oversees employee and freelance web developers and partners, ensures solutions are properly architected and specified, and partners with the project manager to ensure quality.
- Continuously refining the team's ability to set clear priorities.
- Helps team members progress toward their professional development goals
- Driving continuous improvement for better tools and processes to improve overall team efficiency
- Develops lasting relationships with client personnel that foster client ties.
- Seeks opportunities to increase customer satisfaction and deepen client relationships.
Who are you?
- BA or BS degree in Computer Science, software development, or related field.
- 7+ years’ experience as a software engineer, 4+ years’ experience in managing second line people and 4+ years of agency experience
- Excellent technical/coding abilities
- Solid knowledge of SDLC, agile practices and documentation
- Proven track records of managing large-scale changes and instilling new engineering practices
- Proven track records in owning and delivering software projects end-to-end.
- Experience in coaching and mentoring a minimum of 5 team members in a previous role(s).
- Able to work in a fast-paced and ambiguous environment.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to develop and maintain effective relationships with customers, management team members, project team members, and all colleagues within the company.
- Strong organizational skills with innovative thinking, and can-do spirit.
What we offer?
- Opportunity to make a direct impact on our business and help our clients achieve success.
- Become part of an energetic team of digital experts from 18 different nationalities, who are obsessed with new technologies, shawarma, sushi, and year 2000 video games.
- Free coffee, and 365 days of sunshine (it gets hot though at times). Relocation packages, annual flights, health insurance.
- 22 working day vacation
- Half a day for learning per month
- Regular company events
- Table foosball
Who we are?
Prototype is a Digital Strategy & Experience agency helping brands to outperform their competition with efficient, innovative solutions that deliver measurable results. With offices in Dubai and Miami, Prototype is creating bespoke digital solutions by detecting, mentoring and supporting exceptional young minds. It's about fresh thinking, big ideas, and experiences that stick to tackle your brand's specific challenges in a growing digital world.
Every day we create something to be proud of and bring value to our customers. We believe in continues learning hence improving our skills is an integral part of our culture and who we are. We empower everyone to create something awesome and to take ownership of their work. We treat every project as if it was for ourselves and always go for quality over quantity. We provide a politics-free environment and give honest advice to our customers. We go beyond the ordinary to deliver high-quality work, and master our craft using a process driven approach. It's about recognition achievements, encouragement, and believing in our people’s skills.
*Prototype is an equal opportunity employer. We do not and will not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, age, handicap, religion, national origin or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.