UX/UI Design Team Lead
Prototype is looking for a talented, collaborative UX/UI Design Lead who will help us lead, and mentor a team of talented UI/UX designers. He/She will be responsible for defining the design strategy and working closely with various teams to implement that strategy
Reporting to the firm’s Operations Manager, the ideal candidate is able to take the lead and shape our design strategy. He/She is experienced within a leadership role (or maybe you are a natural born leader). He/She has previous experience on user experience / user interface design strategy preferably in an agency.
Daily, the duties include managing the team, improving processes, creating or approving UX/UI specifications and consulting internal and external teams.
At Prototype, we believe in talent: small teams who don’t give up until they get there, smart people who perfect until they innovate, humble people who share knowledge and celebrate together, who love to be the first, together.
CLICK HERE TO SEE WHAT WORK AT PROTOTYPE LOOKS LIKE
You will be working with our team in Dubai!
Dubai, as one of the most progressive cities in the world, offers a unique mix of culture, entertainment, and lifestyle.
Our offices in Media City, Dubai are 5 minutes away from the beach and right next to one of the most vibrant areas of the city perfect for celebrating our successes.
Working with everyone from Fortune500 companies to emerging startups, Prototype offers the opportunity to stand out.
Our offices are comfortable, light and thoughtfully designed. The offices in Dubai and Miami offer creative workspaces, a well-stocked communal kitchen, and good access to transport links and city life.
All the equipment you need to do your best work. We have Apple computers for all team members, and you get enough screens to be productive. All customer-facing roles get a generous cellphone plan too.
On offer is a financial package which includes: relocation assistance, competitive compensation and, in the US, a 401(k) pension savings plan.
From attending conferences, courses, and seminars to accessing books, resources, and online learning, choose how you want to spend your personal training budget.
We provide private health-care for you and your children, parental leave, and paid holidays. Other perks include free drinks, regular team events, and activities.
What's the job?
- Responsible for all creative output of the agency.
- Managing and mentoring the departmental team members.
- Working closely with the technical team to ensure the creative success of every project.
- Working with the team on web design, mobile apps, social media creative, motion, video, content ideas & campaign ideas.
- Shaping the creative vision of the company and positioning Prototype as the leading Digital Creative Agency in the region.
- Actively exploring new technologies and working with the team of designers and developers to implement, demo & learn such technologies.
- Utilizing existing agency processes and improving them, including UX design process.
- Reviewing the work of the creative team and ensuring it meets Prototypes quality standards.
- Making sure creative work is produced within the allocated time.
- Initiate and lead client & team meetings where required.
- Review creative briefs before starting the work or assigning them to the creative team.
- Manage and review the work
- Finding, attracting and hiring new creative talent.
- Mentoring: mentoring the team members
- Recruitment: involved in the recruitment process by filtering and interviewing candidates.
- Process Monitoring + Improve.: responsible to create, improve and regularly review the departmental processes.
- Management Reporting: reporting on KPIs and targets to management.
- Departmental Planning: planning the overall department strategy by creating roadmaps, resource planning and growth
Who are you?
- 7+ years of design or relevant experience
- 3+ years of experience leading design teams
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree preferred
- “Full Stack” designer – strong UI and visual skills, big picture UX and product design thinking, interaction design
- Fluent in prototyping software such as Sketch, Principle, Adobe XD and Adobe Suite etc.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal/written communication, networking, presentation and negotiation skills
- Outstanding conceptual design skills and familiarity with high-level artifacts (scenarios, flow diagrams, etc.)
- Agency experience preferred
What we offer?
- Opportunity to make a direct impact on our business and help our clients achieve success.
- Become part of an energetic team of digital experts from 18 different nationalities, who are obsessed with new technologies, shawarma, sushi, and year 2000 video games.
- Free coffee, and 365 days of sunshine (it gets hot though at times). Relocation packages, annual flights, health insurance.
- 22 working day vacation
- Continues training and career path development
- Regular company events
- Table foosball
Who we are?
Prototype is a Digital Strategy & Experience agency helping brands to outperform their competition with efficient, innovative solutions that deliver measurable results. With offices in Dubai and Miami, Prototype is creating bespoke digital solutions by detecting, mentoring and supporting exceptional young minds. It's about fresh thinking, big ideas, and experiences that stick to tackle your brand's specific challenges in a growing digital world.
Every day we create something to be proud of and bring value to our customers. We believe in continues learning hence improving our skills is an integral part of our culture and who we are. We empower everyone to create something awesome and to take ownership of their work. We treat every project as if it was for ourselves and always go for quality over quantity. We provide a politics-free environment and give honest advice to our customers. We go beyond the ordinary to deliver high-quality work, and master our craft using a process driven approach. It's about recognition achievements, encouragement, and believing in our people’s skills.
*Prototype is an equal opportunity employer. We do not and will not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, age, handicap, religion, national origin or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.